The District Council of Lower Eyre Peninsula adopted its Animal Management Plan 2012 - 2017 in September 2012.
Dog owners are advised that all dogs over 3 months of age must be Registered by the 31 August, after which a late fee of $12.50 will apply. A penalty of $80.00 may be imposed for every 14 days that the dog is unregistered.
Concessions are available for persons in receipt of the following pensions :
- Aged Pension
- Disability Pension
- Veteran's Affairs Pension
Your pension card must be presented at the time of registration.
Discounts will apply to microchipped, trained, desexed and working dogs. Proof will be required to claim this discount for new registrations.
For further information relating to the responsible ownership of dogs, contact Council's General Inspector, Ian Douglas on 8623 0600 or mobile 0428 762 375 OR visit the site of Dogs n' Cats SA.
- Guide/ Hearing/ Disability Dog: No Fee
- Racing Greyhound: $12.50
- Dog/ Concession: $25.00
- Desexed Dog: $30.00
- Desexed Dog/ Concession: $15.00
- Dog- Standard: $50.00
- Working Dog: $12.50
- Working Dog- Desexed: $12.50
- Microchipped Dog: $45.00
- Trained Dog: $45.00
- Desexed/ Microchipped Dog: $25.00
- Desexed/ Microchipped/ Trained Dog: $20.00
- Desexed/ Trained Dog: $25.00
- Microchipped/ Trained Dog: $40.00
- Microchipped Dog/ Concession: $22.50
- Trained Dog/ Concession: $22.50
- Desexed/ Microchipped/ Concession: $12.50
- Desexed/ Microchipped/ Trained Dog/ Concession: $10.00
- Desexed/ Trained Dog/ Concession: $12.50
- Microchipped/ Trained Dog/ Concession: $20.00
- Business Registration: $50.00
- Partial Year Registration- Dog- Standard: $25.00
- Partial Year Registration- Dog- Concession: $12.50
Replacement Disc Fee$2.50
Late Registration Fee$12.50
Cat traps are available for use by people experiencing problems with stray cats. Please contact Council's General Inspector on 0428 762 375.
Animal Management Policies